Friday, April 30, 2010

6x1 Part Deux

6x1 was one of the best film classes I have ever had at UNCW because for the first time EVER we actually used FILM! The semester was very fast paced, but I liked it like that. I am so glad I was able to create 6 films in one semester. Something I didn't think was even possible. Looking back over what we have accomplished, I was surprised to see the variety of techniques we used and it was exciting to see the final product of each movie. If I had to create 6x1 Part 2 I think I would do more stop animation. I really enjoyed doing our multi-plane animation and even the 48hr film race in which I also used stop motion. I think it would have been interesting if we did claymation. Another idea would be to create an experimental film using video. I haven't played much with experimental films because most classes I take are narrative base and I think it would be fun to throw a couple experimental based assignments in the mix. I do wish we spent more time with our 3D projects. It was so much fun to film, but when it came to editing it to create the 3D effect, we were so pressed for time we rushed right through it and Dr.Dre ended up tweeking our movies so they would work. So if someone asked me right now how I made our movie in 3D I would have no idea how to explain it, because honestly, I don't remember. All in all if I wasn't graduating, I would love to take 6x1 Part 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment