Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday Shoot


What class allows you to drink beer 2 o’clock in the afternoon on a Saturday? 6x1! The Saturday shoot was AH-MAZING. It was such a beautiful day, a perfect day for a shoot! My group and I had planned out our one shot skit prior to the shooting day which was a good idea so we wouldn’t be flustered last minute. It was fun helping out the other groups and trying on different costumes. I think it was good to work with other groups since we have been limited to our small group work and partner work the whole semester. I thought my group was the only one that was really into props and wardrobe, but I was definitely wrong when I ended up wearing a cowgirl outfit for another group’s project. I felt like we weren’t separate groups anymore, but instead one big group giving each other advice and input on how to improve the one shot. I did get really tired, hungry, and thirsty halfway through the day and wished we were able to take a lunch break or even pitch in money to get lunch all together to be delivered. I don’t function well without food and drinks for a long period of time. Besides that, the day went great and I learned a lot! I’ve never used a Bolex camera before and loved loading, unloading and developing the film. It gives you a new appreciation for film since you are hands on through the whole processes. I also liked that we used an 8mm camera for “behinds the scenes” footage. I thought it was cool that we all used it. So who knows what will come up on the film, but I can’t wait to see! All in all it was great day and good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment